Resources are a powerful way to get your attendees to click and take action on a Call to Action. On some webinars, you may be selling a product or service. Creating a Resource will allow you to send a Call to Action to your attendees during your webinar.
The idea behind resources is to create a more powerful way to offer a call to action during a webinar. Demio offers Audio and Visual notifications of the Resource which serves as a much more powerful approach than just dropping a "Text Link" into the chat.
Just like Handouts, Resources can only be added by the webinar host.
Adding a resource is much easier than you think:
1. First, be sure to navigate to the Webinar Backstage. You can do this by hitting the Join Room button for your event.
* Keep in mind that the Webinar Backstage is only available up to 24 hours prior to your event's start time.
2. In a webinar, Go Backstage → click on the Resources tab
* You can also create the Resource before the event has started! It'll be saved for when your event actually starts! 🙌
3. Click on the Add New Resource button → This will display the following popup for adding a new resource
4. Clicking Upload Resource Image will let you add an image which will be displayed to Attendees only after sharing this resource.
Note: Images should be square or rectangle with a minimum size of 250px. Demio will auto-fill the image to fit the window.
- Selecting ‘Share now’ and clicking the ‘Add New Resource’ button will share this resource instantly.
- Choose ‘Share later’ if the you want to share the Call to Action at a later time in the webinar.
Once saved and setup, you can then "Stop Sharing" or "Share With Attendees" at any time from Backstage.
Once the sharing of a resource has started it will then appear in a unique tab for attendees under the My Channel section of Attendees. It would look like so:
Once the resource is shared, you're attendees will be notified in a few different ways if they don't have the My Channel section open.
1. They'll see a pop-up appear towards the bottom right:
2. They'll see a counter appear/increment on the My Channel icon towards the top right:
3. They'll hear an audible notification!