Integration between two apps in Zapier is called a Zap. A Zap consist two different applications, a Trigger and an Action. Whenever Triggers happen in one app, Zapier will automatically perform the Action in another app.
Note: there's a 1 second delay between Zapier tasks execution. It helps us get around API limits and provide you with an optimal experience!
For this example, we'll show you a simple automation that sends a thank-you email to all participants from Gmail.
Get started with pre-made workflow examples or set up your own on Zapier's Demio Integrations page
Setting It Up
So let's take a look how to setup Demio with Zapier:
1. Login to Demio and go to Settings from the top right menu:
2. In the settings area, click on the Integrations tab. Here, you will see all of the apps that integrate with Demio:
3. Once in the integrations tab, click on the Zapier icon:
4. Scroll Down to see pre-made Zaps or click on the Demio integration link at the bottom of the page:
5. The Zapier page will automatically open in a new tab. Click on Login and Login with your Zapier credentials (or make a new account):
6. After logging in, click on the orange "+" button in the top left:
7. Now we have to create a Zap in order to connect Zapier with Demio. Search for Demio and click it.
8. Now you have to select a Trigger and hit Continue:
> In this example, we want to send a thank-you message to all Registrants → So, select 'New Registration for Webinar' and hit Continue:
9. With the next step, you will need you to connect your Demio account. Zapier will ask you to provide the API key and API Secret of your Demio account:
11. For this, go back to your Demio account and click the API option under Settings:
Note: Be careful not to share your API Secret with people outside of your company. If you do, you can always click 'Regenerate' and you will get a new API Secret, but your existing integrations will have to be updated with the new key.
12. Copy these keys from here and paste it on below shown page:
You can now see that your Demio account is connected with Zapier, but in order to Integrate Zapier with Demio, we have to connect this Trigger to an Action.
13. So click Continue.
14. On next step, provide any Upcoming Webinar in Demio and click Continue:
15. Now click Test&Continue button. and we're done setting our Trigger!
Note: For On-Demand events, you'll want to use the Custom tab in Zapier to choose the event.
First, you'll need to grab the Event ID from Demio.
The Event ID is the number that appears in the link of the page you use to edit the webinar:
For example, https://my.demio.com/manage/event/101944
The event ID would be 101944 in this case.
Then, in Zapier you would need to select Custom in the event section under Customize Registrant. You can then paste the Event ID there.
16. Search for another app → In this case, search for Gmail and select it. Select the action you want to perform:
17. On next step, click sign into your Gmail account.
18. Login with your Gmail credentials:
19. Allow Access to Zapier:
20. You will be redirected to the previous screen and can see that your Gmail account is now connected:
21. Select the information that you'd like to be in your email and click the 'Continue'button at the bottom of the page:
22. The next page will show the format of the email that will be sent to all Registrants. You can go back and make changes or click 'Create & Continue':
23. Click on the Test & Continue button and you should be all set.
24. You can name the Zap here, and toggle the buttoning the top right to Activate it (ON/OFF):
25. Now you can go back to your Demio account and check the integration page.
Zapier will appear under your current integrations: