Our direct Marketo integration allows you to send Demio data to Marketo by capturing leads, pass their registration data, and perform actions (Add to Lists, Upgrade Program Status) based on specific behavioral triggers within Demio. It's a powerful way to make your webinar campaigns more effective. Let's dive in on how we'd want to set it all up!
Note: Marketo is a Premium integration available on our Business plan and the integration is only set up to push information from Demio to Marketo.
Preparing On Marketo's Side
Before you're able to capture leads and run actions on those leads, there are a few things you need to first create within your Marketo account. Linked below are some guides directly from Marketo on how to perform each step:
- Create an API Only User Role — pre-requisite to creating the user that will be used for any integrations
- Create an API Only User — creates the Marketo user that will be used for the Demio integration (we recommend that you create a specific user for use with Demio)
- Create a Custom Service for Use with REST API — generates the API credentials (Client ID/Secret)
Making the Connection
Once you've taken care of the previous steps within your Marketo account, you're ready to get everything hooked up!
You'll want to start by accessing the Integrations section of your Settings:
From there, you'll notice the Marketo integration from within the Add New section:
Selecting Marketo will display a modal where you can add your Marketo API credentials:
Here's where to find each of the credentials:
- Client ID/Secret — found by selecting View Details on the Custom Service you created earlier
- REST API Endpoint/Identity — within Marketo, navigate to Admin → Integration → Web Services → REST API
Once you've plugged those values in, select Connect to complete setting Marketo up as one of your Current Integrations:
You're all set! You've successfully connected your Marketo account to Demio. 🙌
Now that you've integrated Marketo with Demio, you can enable and set specific settings from the Integrations option card within the event:
Frequently Asked Questions
Which specific Marketo permissions are required for the API Only User Role?
If you prefer to limit the Marketo permissions you allow when creating the API Only user, the following permissions are required to use the Demio integration:
- Read-Only Asset
- Read-Write Person/Lead