Here's a list of things Admins (both Presenters and Moderators alike) should confirm for an optimal experience with Demio!
A few of these checklist items only apply to Presenters—or more accurately, those that will be sharing different streams during the presentation (namely their webcam/microphone or their screens).
- Ensure you are using an updated version of Google Chrome/Firefox/Safari. While we support multiple browsers for Attendees, we require presenters to use Google Chrome/Firefox/Safari. Here are the exact browser requirements.
- Make sure your permissions are set correctly for the browser and that the audio/webcam are connected. Run a system check here.
- Let's make sure your Bitrate is at the proper levels and you are not experiencing any packet loss.
Run a connectivity test here. (plugging directly into the router will help increase your speed!)
- If you are planning to present your screen, Safari currently doesn't support screen sharing. Presenters will need to join from a Chrome/Firefox browser in order to share their screens.
- Close out of any unused applications or browser tabs. This will free up resources so that Demio can run more seamlessly.
- Sometimes anti-virus programs can cause quite a mess with your online audio permissions. Make sure to disable your anti-virus first.
- Ensure your network connection is not being utilized for heavy Upload / Download activities of large files. High-bandwidth streaming services such as YouTube or Netflix may also affect your connectivity.
Those are it for our go-to steps! If there were any steps that you took that you'd like to share, we'd love to hear from you.